ITR head on c4 block

G Unit

hey folks been thinking about this over last few days and just need a defo answer , does the ITR head fit right onto a B18c4 block no issues?

hopefully thus will improve performance by have better cams and designed flow head and getting rid of the power sapping B18c4 intake manifold !!!

comment and suggestions please

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all be series parts are interchangeable so i dont see why not. you might need to bump the compression up a bit to make the most out of the ITR cams,a spoon headgasket will give .3 more, you will also either need a p73 ecu or a mappable one as the current one wont be compatible with the itr head.

the intake manifold on b18c4 can be channged to a skunk2 one. youl lose the low end torque for high revving power. you would also need to change the vtec engagment point as it would be too early

im actually looking into a itr head on my c4, but itr heads are very expensive and hard to come by

if you are keeping the c4 head keep the manifold . anyone i know that has swapped it on a c4 has lost power due to vtec problems . because they have lost the twin stage in the c4 inlet manifold.

you could do it that way but you will need management to sort it all out . if you want to make power fast and cheap put a turbo on at 3 psi and you will make 230 ish bhp . and it wil run on that all day long with no management and all standard engine parts .any more than that you will need managment and have to start changing parts .

i know about turboing the b series as i had an EG6 turbo a few years ago i biult 3 psi wont make 230bhp and its hard worth the cost if your runnig at 3 psi,

a solid 190+ bhp is all thats needed from mb6

i have done it mate . made 233bhp from just fitting the turbo kit to a mb6 on 3 psi. i have print out to prove it . the block i did it for was over the moon .

you show me the mods you can do for the same £600 that cost, to get the same power with out going turbo.

yup theres 2 option i have ITR head running the p73 around 500 quid

or ITR cams + p73 + skunk2 b18c4/c1 manifold again around 500 quid

catch 22

lol

you cant put itr cams into your c4 head. the cams have higher lift therefore the valve springs need to be changed etc. a b16 head with itr cams should get some decent power, remember to have the correct valve springs in. the only problem thats come to mind about the b16 head is the timing belt. the b16 head has a differant height compared to other b series heads so there could be issues when fitting a timing belt

Archived