ITR head on c4 block

G Unit

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thats a gd result then but i didnt say spending 600 was the limit , i assume its was an ebay kit ? good result none the less well done

yes the kit was off ebay.

• 1 month later...

So to clarify, can you fit ITR cams, valves and springs to standard b18 head, and you get an increase in power WITHOUT doing anything else? :? Is that all you need to do or do you NEED to change any more parts?

You are right dave

As has been said before the b18c4 is the only vtec which comes in at 4500 rpm (ecu controlled ) and a set of throttle bodys in the inlet manifold opening at 6000 rpm (vacuum controlled) were as the cams you are fitting are designed for 6000 rpm vtec. To make this work you will need to change the inlet to a single stage ( like the stunk 2 manifold) fit the cams and use a hondata s300 in a p28 or pr4 ecu change the vtec point to 6000 rpm and get it mapped . Rich.

Heh! :D I'm learning all the time Rich!! Did you get your up and running again yet? Gutted bout what happened to it mate

No mate engine is out completly now and stripped down to ever last nut and bolt

It seized due to the bloke that bored my block in the states , boring it to fit the piston tops not the skirts (which are bigger) only giving me 1 10th of a mm bore clearance and when the pistons expanded with the heat of 1.8 bar it started to siez coursing the tapping . :cry:

so the plan is to get the block bored out by 3 10ths of a mm to fit the spare set of 84mm pistons i have and hopfully that will be enough to sort out the scoring.if not its a new set of pistons 84.5 mm and rebore it to fit those and then rebuild it. :D

Jeese man! Thats total dedication! 8-) Sounding like a lot of work, piss poor effort on behalf of the yanks though mate, that was bad. Hope to see it up and running soon though, and hope you have better luck this time round. ;)

i have done it mate . made 233bhp from just fitting the turbo kit to a mb6 on 3 psi. i have print out to prove it . the block i did it for was over the moon .

you show me the mods you can do for the same £600 that cost, to get the same power with out going turbo.

Dude if you've got a second could you PM me the the print out of that, I'd love to see the torque curve and the overall effect of some F.I!

Archived