Apexi N1 Dampers on Aerodeck

Smitty_Works

So I am very new to these models (100% Rookie up in here) I am curious about this. I have a set of Apexi N1 Dampers that I have in my garage just sitting there. I loved them when I had them on my EK hatch back home in Arizona and on my Ferio.

So my question is this: Can I fit these coilovers from my EK chassis to my M Chassis with  no problems?

I have been looking around but cant seem to find the right answer or I am putting the wrong search words in.

Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Not 100% sure personally but I know EG ones fit so they might, if they do fit you will probably have to take into account the fact that the back of the aerodeck is significantly heavier than an EK, so if your coilovers arn't adjustable that might be a problem.

Someone on here will be able to answer more definitively but that's as much as I know lol

@Grant has one of the 'e' civic coilovers on his deck, it's LOW!

Not 100% sure personally but I know EG ones fit so they might, if they do fit you will probably have to take into account the fact that the back of the aerodeck is significantly heavier than an EK, so if your coilovers arn't adjustable that might be a problem.

Someone on here will be able to answer more definitively but that's as much as I know lol

Hmmm.... well I am at the in-laws this weekend. maybe when I get some free time I will try them out. Once I figure it out I might post some pics up. Thanks for the heads up gents.

EK suspension will fit but you only get the choice between lower than your grans nipples or scrape like 4uck on the floor :lol:

Well I usually ride very low in my Hatch and 4 Door. But I am not planning on slamming this wagon. Just a nice drop. The good thing is they are  32 ways fully adjustable with dampening. I will try them out.

Yeah worth a try bud! Just set them as high as they will go and see how it looks!

Oh yeah you bet. I am going to do my inspection here 1st and then try them on. The laws here for cars being too slammed is crazy. If the car is too low the TUV (kinda like your guys MOT) will fail the car. It used to be for Americans; you could have your car anyway you wanted as long as it was safe to drive on the roads.

While I am at it I want to ask about all this MG180 or MG200 suspension stuff I see in people's post.

What is that all about? Is it an engine code?

The MGZS 180 is a car based on the Civic M chassis, basically a rebadged Honda in which the 180 spec has uprated suspension from the factory so it's a cheap upgrade! The only grey area is that the car it comes off has a V6 engine so the front spring rate isn't correct but it really depends how fussy you are for spending £120 as opposed to £700 for the correct fully adjustable suspension. Many many people like to do their cars cheaply.

The MGZS 180 is a car based on the Civic M chassis, basically a rebadged Honda in which the 180 spec has uprated suspension from the factory so it's a cheap upgrade! The only grey area is that the car it comes off has a V6 engine so the front spring rate isn't correct but it really depends how fussy you are for spending £120 as opposed to £700 for the correct fully adjustable suspension. Many many people like to do their cars cheaply.

I believe that the saying "You get what you pay for." goes 2 ways. A used part that is a temp fix, yeah, no problem. A new suspension for quality ride height and comfort, I don't skimp out on that stuff. I am not trying to say cheap stuff is bad, its just not me.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I have seen much MG stuff on ebay.de or locally.

Well if you are prep aired to pay for it then the only thing I can recommend is the miesterR's they are unbelievably good and they make them specifically for our cars