Do I need to grease the rear of the pads with shims? Civic MA/MB/MC

Krzys

Guest jimbob738

any grease will do copper grease has been used for decades never seen an issue with it myself, some grease (if that's all you got) is better than no grease if you listen to everything on forums you'd never get anything done for the fear of doing something wrong the biggest guide is common sense/logic, if you can afford better grease then great if not use what you have just not stalk butter or lard out the pantry rlol.gif1 ( I must be hungry lunch time I think).

#LAUGHING@MYOWNJOKES get a grip J

• Like 2

Haha brilliant! 

I can't wait to get these calipers back! I enjoy working on the car when I have something to work with :lol:

All learning as I've never done this before either but it all came off easily enough, did have a bit of help though but 90% me! 

Guest jimbob738

I love it too reminds me of helping my dad when I was a kid, just be nice if when I was fixing stuff it stayed fixed haha!

Honda's compared to most other things a pretty simples you can dismantle most of the car with a 12mm and 14mm spanner, I had an Aerodeck once I bought from Wales near Cardiff spent most of its life near the welsh coast, Jesus Christ it was seized solid on every bolt from the decay of sea salt so your lucky its coming apart easy some don't.

Guest jimbob738

Ouch, yeah perks of the coast, lots of salt water all year round! I bet you had to get shares in WD40 for that? :lol:

I broke it up in the end got sick of working on it and fighting the rot I put it to sleep cry.gif1