Do I need to grease the rear of the pads with shims? Civic MA/MB/MC

Krzys

Just a quick one really, with the shims do I still need to grease the backs of the pads at all? And if so, just between the pad and shim or both sides of the shim?

Ta! :smile:

Guest jimbob738

I do I use the Mintex grease, I left it once when I installed EBC green stuff pads on my old aerodeck it squeeled like a bi*tch especially on hot days like this..................

Guest jimbob738

a blob on both just if there is any movement it wont make a noise you can use copper grease if you got some knocking around, some people don't bother with shims they don't fit them but, I do I have seen some cars I have fixed for people that have two sets on how mad is that.

Guest jimbob738

more grease never hurt anything just don't spread it on like butter on your toast :) and don't get it on your new disc's which look pretty cool I might add, black diamond style niiiiiice.

how much was that lot the brembo pads and what make discs?

I have religiously used EBC for years ultimax and green stuff from EBC direct.com they always been well priced kit but I know brembo are real good pads.

• Like 1

Where did I read the other day that copper grease increases squeeling?!?

I've been reading all sorts from it being the worst thing you can do to not bothering with it at all etc etc. Had nothing at all so go a tub of stuff from Opie oils that's petroleum free so won't hurt the seals etc if it does get onto them at all.

Where did I read the other day that copper grease increases squeeling?!?

It wasn't that it causes squealing but that it can eat away at the rubber components, better to use silicone grease.