What to do??? I need some suggestions

Smitty_Works

i love your attitude towards it. Its people thinking like you that keep great motors on the roads..

And the know how, let's face it, neither of us would be able to fix that really.

Ive seen worse n fixed worse trust me ive grown up around rusty old english classics. i would cut it back to good metal n then get some bilt-hamber etch-weld rust converting primer in there (which can be welded over) n then make some repair pieces out of 0.8mm sheet steel n weld em in heres the link for the bilt-hamber

http://www.bilthamber.com/paints-and-coatings

thanks for the advice. problem is I am not a welder nor do I know anyone who is.  I got a shop to look at it today and they want almost 300 Euro to fix it. basically they would cut out all the cancer, sand down what can be saved, weld and primer it.  the welder at the shop said cause the rust is already through the inner body its going to be tough to get a perfect weld on the area.

so I don't really want to pay that much for a car that I am getting rid of next year when I go back to America. so its primer and paste, and drive till it falls apart. I also still have the wet fire wall issue as well. since this is my only car I don't have time to pull it all apart to hunt down that leak as well.

its a pain I tell you.

• Like 1

Fair enough dude then i wold suggest just rubbing the rust down yourself n spray the s**t out of it wit the bilt-hamber so it wont get worse n try some exterior silicon sealant around the windshield that should see u through the year