D16z6 exhaust mani

Apexy55

Hey everyone. Finally moved on from The little ma8.. couldn't resist and got myself a mb9 in mint condition, roughly 130k miles from 99, I will be posting pics in the project threads. I'll explain in more detail once I write up the project topic so I'm going straight to the question.

I will be looking for a d16z6 exhaust manifold and thinking of getting the mc2/mb6 exhaust system but the backbox. Will the cat off the mc2 be a perfect fit to the downpipe from the z6 mani? Open to more suggestions!

Thanks

Filipe

Hello and welcome! 

Looking forward to seeing your new MB9! I also have a MB9 and they're awesome motors :)

Now to answer your question, I have a D16Z6 manifold on mine too and it is a nice upgrade. You will get that nice pull in the higher rev range but might loose a bit of bottom end grunt (not much though)

An exhaust system from a MB6/MC2 will fit but I personally think the exhaust diameter will be too large on the wee D15Z8 engine. You might loose a bit of back pressure but I am not too sure due to the fact I never fitted one. 

My current exhaust setup on the Aerodeck:

D16Z6 exhaust manifold

Center silencer delete (so all straight through)

MGZS Longlife stainless steel back box

Oh hope this helps :)