B18C4 MB6 intermittent power/rev/stall issues

stapi

thankyou mike and adam, if its cheaper in local motor factors i will try it myself, hope this sorts it out.

by the way, what size clip was it that you replaced at the radiator hose

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no luck today, in the shop they gave me engine coolant temperature gauge sending unit rather then the sensor which I just checked now and the shop is already closed so will have to replace it tomorrow. Unless you think there might be a point in replacing that as well? From the manual I can see that sensor itself is slightly bigger and sits right next to that sending unit thingy...

http://www.autodynamics-honda.com/hoph2encoteg.html

The clip was 40mm diameter.

the sender unit thing only does just that, sends a reading to the gauge on the dash, well thats what i have always thought, i'm pretty sure you won't need to change the sender sensor.

the coolant temp sensor is the one that interacts with the ECU, thats the one i think is faulty

I do agree that its better to use genuine sensors, the only problem is that I have no idea what is causing the problem and replacing them one by one with genuine ones can be quite costly… anyway, I have replaced the temperature sensor on Saturday, didn’t really do much driving yet but up until now everything seems to be ok. I will test it for a while though, before start believing that the problem is gone.

Except of replacing the ECT sensor I have also cleaned the MAP and the IAT sensors, especially the intake one was quite dirty which I suspect can be the cause of the problem as well, so you can try that, before replacing the sensor, if you haven’t done that already.

The Intake Air Temperature sensor is the one on top of the intake manifold, and the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor is the one on top of the throttle body.

screenshotuk.th.jpg screenshotcvq.th.jpg screenshot1f.th.jpg

Both are easy to locate, attached with 2 philips screws on the sides of each sensor. On my car it was quite difficult to unscrew them both so you may try to put some WD40 on them before you start messing around with them ;) Good luck and let us know how did it go.

By the way, journey home from work without problems again (fingers crossed)

thanks bud, great diagrams, know exactly which ones they are now 1"£££$££"!!

can i ask, did you change the MAP IAT and coolant temp sensor together?

Archived