Lazy steering *dangerous*

Mcd16

I've got abit of a problem that I pray some of you can help with. The steering on my deck is delayed. One minute it seems tracking it out one way, then it's the same the other!? Sometimes turning it takes it's time catching up or even straightening out hence the "tracking out" effect. I don't think trackings out but something's causing it. Power steering has visually leeked in the past but I think thats an old fault as the levels not dropped. Any ideas!?

Look for play in ball joints, wheel bearings, track rod ends and the inner rod ends.

Inner rod ends can't be replaced on the m racks either which is s**t.

If nothing obvious from above its possible the rack has worn and there some free play. Common on hondas.

The older racks like eg dc2 etc you can take up the slack with guide pin.

But the m racks are not adjustable unfortunately. So if that the case would need a new rack.

Double posting again @philgor lol r u using ur phone

N yeah @Mcd16 sounds like a steering rack issue perfect time to get an mgzs quickrack in there

Thanks for the reply people. This mg quick rack? Standard thing on the zs spec I guess? Lol hate stuff being new to me :(

Also worth checking the tyres, are they the same make on both sides? Tread equal on both sides? Same tyre pressures, you'd be surprised how much difference any of those things can make! Also check the things mentioned above too!

• Like 1

Also worth checking the tyres, are they the same make on both sides? Tread equal on both sides? Same tyre pressures, you'd be surprised how much difference any of those things can make! Also check the things mentioned above too!

I'm ruling tyres out as this isn't a pull it just a tracking effect on the wheel.. I put it down to the rack. It quick enough to change. Are we sayin mgzs 180 rack swap then before I head to the land of dead cars