fog lights

Rookie88

I was just wondering if any of you guys have ever tried fitting eg fog lights to your mb? Iv got one broke light and the other one has a blown bulb but all the screws are seized solid, and cant find a sensibly priced pair anywhere, so I was looking through ebay n came across an aftermarket set for a eg and they look exactly the same as mb fogs apart from the brackets, not sure if there worth the risk for £60 :/ they look like they mount the same on the brackets, has any one tryed doing this before?

If you can modify the brackets, any fog lights can fit really.

A lot of members here buy these universal foglights as replacements for the originals: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blue-Universal-Spot-Fog-Lights-Lamps-Set-Bulbs-H3-12V-55W-Car-Van-Bus-NEW-BOXED-/151382631161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item233f1ba2f9

Iv got one broke light and the other one has a blown bulb but all the screws are seized solid

You actually only have to open the tiny screws on the top to gain access to the bulbs, not the large ones on the front. The small ones don't seize so easy. So give them a healthy dose of wd40/crc rostoff etc. and have a go with a correct sized screwdriver. I refurbed mine last winter and had to drill out the front ones, all except one were totally seized.

I tryed that mate, they are all totally seized, iv cut mine out of the brackets so when I can get £60 together im going to buy a set of eg ones, n if im right and they do fit on my original brackets then its ideal as iv got a brand new pair for a fraction of the price of a second hand pair of mb's lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

EG fogs fit straight onto the MB brackets :-) the only difference is the plugs but iv manged to open up the bottom of my old MB fogs and iv swapped over the wires :-) works a treat a brand new set for just £59 posted happy happy

• Like 1