Dial clocks, fog lights and dimmer switch not working

h4mza

Hope someone can help me here. I swapped my dial clock bulbs to blue T10 501 bulbs and the dials only light up white but it's very very dim and only noticeable at night. I've checked the bulbs and they are fine. I had blue LED ones before so put those back and wtf, they don't work either. I've tried spare set of LED white bulbs and they don't work. Also have spare VTi clocks and tried those with bulbs changed and still nope, dim white light.

Other issues I have which might or might not be related is that the two switches on the instrument cluster surround, one I believe is for fog lights and the other dimmer switch, they both don't light up, pressing them doesn't do anything, my fog lights don't come on, checked the fuse for front and rear fog lights and it's good. Don't know what else to check for so help please.

@dr_broon Is it the plug that goes back of the dimmer switch or some other one? I found a wire pop out whilst looking at fuse box and don't know where it goes, it is red/yellow wire with a plug and it's coming from the big green plug connected on fuse box.

Managed to sort this out, turns out the blue bulbs I've bought are not supported. I didn't have standard orange bulbs so used them from my other civic and they work. Had spare fog and dimmer switch and they light up too. Just need to find another set of bulbs that will work so I can put back orange bulbs on my other car.

• Like 1