overheating b18

R18cvc

My car was overheating when I put it on road was sitting for 10 wks. I thought the problem was thermostat jammed so took it out and ran it without 1 had no issues. Fitted new thermostat the day and noticed the temp was rising when nipped to shops. Gonna bleed system threw again as I'm hoping this is the problem? What you guys think

Just think it's strange as was fine running with no thermostat. Aww hope it's not the head gaskit already pumped loads into this car and you wouldn't be able to tell

Tank was dry.oils fine just topped it up the day.. Hopefully just needs bleed will let everyone know when I do it tomorrow morning in mood to do it now but don't think neighbours will be has as it's 0.40 lol

Yeah not an ideal time to do it :lol:

When you bleed it, try jacking the front of the car up to help any trapped air in the heater matrix escape if there is any.

If it's constantly bubbling/frothing and doesn't stop, it's probably the head gasket.

Bottom hose cold like new thermostat not working as bleed system again and started to over heat bottom hose cold removed thermostat and just running without 1 gonna test thermostat when get home... Europarts thermostat... just noticed after it overheating again this morning before removing thermostat I'm getting white smoke :( think my cylinder head is maybe on its way? No leaks found and no water in oil yet... what you guys think...no constant bubbling or that