TIFU... Broken a rocker cover bolt!

Question

I got a set of Password:JDM rocker cover bolts in the post today, I was happy with them, so much so I went to go fit them about 10 mins after the posty had been..
I took the top right bolt out and noticed the one set of bolts was too short, not an issue as a set of other longer bolts was included, so I tighten up the bolt and hear a "pop" noise come from my ratchet/wrist/rocker, ignore it and carry on thinking "This isnt getting any tighter wtf" then I realised I've snapped the bolt currently looks like this (Not my picture)
2011-04-06 16.12.53.jpg

As you can see Its a bit of a butch but from internet searches these appear to be a weak point due to the collet at the end of the thread. Below is an image of where the bolt sits again not my image...
tifu.png

any ideas on best way to change it / remove it? Cheers.

2011-04-06 16.12.53.jpg

2 answers to this question

I've got exactly the same problem with one bolt on the Decks rocker cover mate. :sad:  Think the only way to get it out is to drill a small hole in the top of the remaining bit of bolt, then try and use a stud extractor of the right size to remove it from the block. I've not tried it yet, might even put it into a garage to be done just to be safe.

On 4/28/2016 at 3:49 PM, Dave said:

I've got exactly the same problem with one bolt on the Decks rocker cover mate. :sad:  Think the only way to get it out is to drill a small hole in the top of the remaining bit of bolt, then try and use a stud extractor of the right size to remove it from the block. I've not tried it yet, might even put it into a garage to be done just to be safe.

Hoping theres enough thread out if I can get the cover off that I can get a pair of molegrips round else I'm gonna have to drill it

Though I have also been pricing up D16z6, ECUs and Looms.. but we shall see