Rid of all the black marbel

GB.

I have got a roll of real carbon fibre(adhesive backed) which can be shaped with heat and I want to cover all of the interior which is finished in the black marble effect,that is both sides of the dash,behind the heater control,ash tray and fag lighter area and centre console below gear stick.Now I've found the thread to remove the long bit across the dash passenger side, but can't find anything for the rest, so come on jalesi2001 and Rich help me out.....

No pressure ;)

The gearstick surround will just pop up mate, unscrew the g/knob and just simply pull up the trim...As for the fag lighter bit, i think to remove it you will have to remove the center console, starting with the handbrake part, then forward to the center part in the dash. A bit of a pig of a job, check out the manual for removal instructions if you wanna attempt it, should be in the 'How to' section!! ;)

Cheers, I didn't remove to much of the dash and console to cover it, just drivers air vent,ashtray and gearstick surround. When the carbon first arrived I thought "that'll never shape or stick" but with the use of a hot air gun I`m quite pleased with the results.

th_IMG00147-20100508-1816.jpg

th_IMG00148-20100508-1816.jpg

th_IMG00150-20100508-1817.jpg

th_IMG00149-20100508-1816.jpg

Looks a lot better than the black marble me thinks.

• 1 month later...

Archived