My new MB6!

jalesi2001

Another small update, fitted my N/S handbrake cable today, i now have a decent working handbrake again, yay!! Also swapped my clear side repeaters for smoked ones, they look better with the black car i rekon. And, I just ordered a set of Apex 40mm lowering springs, £110 from ebay, hope they are ok, i'll let you all know. Plus they are yellow....how cool is that?!! :lol::lol::lol::roll::roll:8-)8-) Anybody else used Apex lowering springs??

And i've ordered a gunmetal colour gearknob, same as my silver one, but gunmetal!! Pics to follow..... 8-)8-) Im going for the dark, ninja effect.... :roll::lol:8-)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers!! 8-) The paint i got from a local paint supplier called Middleton Paints in Gloucester, I wanted to stay away from dodgy Halfords paints as I have heard that the match can be rubbish. The paint match I got wasn't perfect, but its close enough!! It took me nearly 2 weeks, but thats only because I did a coat a day, to allow the layers to dry so I could 'wet and dry' it after most of the coats.

I used 3 coats of Halfords Plastic filler primer, 4 coats (1 and a half tins!!) of Pirates Black Pearl paint, (thick coats!), and 4 coats of laquer. Then i left it to dry properly in the sun over a really hot weekend! Turned out pretty good i rekon, but not perfect!!

Get your paint code, (on a sticker on the inside of your passenger front door frame, or just ask me and i'll get it for ya! ;) ) then have a look in your yellow pages for a paint supplier in your area!! It cost me £18 for 1 tin of paint, 1 tin of laquer and 1 tin of the wrong type of primer, so i had to get Halfords stuff.

And yep, Pirates Black is a great colour, its the fastest colour too!! ;)8-)

I'm liking your grill, thats the same as i'm planning (if I ever get my finger out :oops: lol)

The red Honda badges, are they from Ebay?

I have a similar 1 on the rear but it has come off, think its because of the curve on the top of the boot.

Did you take the old badge off or did you just stick the new 1 on top?

Keep up the good work

On the rear, i just stuck the red part of the cheapo ebay badge on top of the existing badge, as you cant really remove the rear badge because of the curve of the tailgate.

On the front, I did get a Genuine ITR front badge, but the red is darker, and it looked weird, so I just fitted the complete cheapo ebay badge on the front. They are a bit pants, as condensation gets in between the red and sliver parts of the badges, but you cant win them all!!

They are about £15 i think delivered from ebay for the pair... 8-)

Archived