My new MB6!

jalesi2001

Hi Guys, just picked up my MB6 last week, needs a bit of tlc but should be good when I can afford to sort it out!!! These are pics of it when I picked it up, it has had a wash and polish since then, will post better pics soon!

Since getting it I have:

Replaced the clocklight bulb.

Fitted my Pioneer headunit. (not sure of the model, its the one with the GP car and eagle on the display?)

Replaced the rattly rear exhaust section with a genuine one, and replaced the finisher. (mmm, shiney!!)

Purchased the missing foglight surround, dont fit in the damaged front bumper though!! :cry:

Purchased new N/S headlight as its scratched.

Things to do.

Full service and cambelt.

Front and rear bumpers. VTI-S if I can find them...

Fit the new headlight.

Front fogs and brackets (HOW MUCH?!!!!!!!!!!)

New N/S/F wing + paint!!

Clear side repeaters.

Then the mods can begin.....

c2.jpg

c6.jpg

c1.jpg

c3.jpg

c5.jpg

c7.jpg

c14.jpg

Any comments or questions welcomed!!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi again, well here is a few slightly better pics, now its had a good wash and polish. Shame the sun decided to go in as soon as I picked up the camera!! They might help to explain why I wanna put bumpers on it, and tart it up a bit before modding it a bit!!

Once again, and comments or questions welcome!!

Its good side....

100_0974.jpg

100_0975.jpg

And not so good side!

100_0978.jpg

Shiney new exhaust, I know its only a basic genuine one, but it needed to be fixed in a hurry, plus it was cheap... ;)

100_0976.jpg

And now for the damage...

100_0972.jpg

100_0973.jpg

100_0980.jpg

100_0983.jpg

100_0984.jpg

So there you go, i will try to take pics every time i do something to it now, and keep you all posted! One day it will be mint again!!! 8-)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update, spent some time on the car today, carried out a full service on the old girl, changed the oil and filter, plugs, fuel and air filters, gearbox oil, brake and clutch fluid, adjusted the valve clearances, timing and base idle. Runs like a dream now!! Also changed the cambelt, didnt take many photos as my hands were dirty, but heres a few to prove i did it!!

100_0999.jpg

100_0998.jpg

Only used normal genuine parts, nothing exciting for the time being!!

Still gotta do the coolant as I completely forgot about it, will do that soon. While on the ramp i found that my rear anti-roll bar drop links are completely shot, so they will be replaced very soon!! Everytime i look at her i find more things wrong, will i ever get to a point where i can start modding the car?! :cry::roll:

Also, thanks to Dave I have fitted some clear side repeaters on her, and I have a few dash parts coming from another seller so when they are fitted I post some new pics, oh yeah, i will need to show it the sponge to! :lol:

And finally, im off out on sunday, i have managed to grab me a bargin for the M, gotta pick it up so when i get it i will let you all know........ ;)

Archived