M4rkvtis' MB6 lowered

m4rkvti-s

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the feedback guys. They are my dream wheels indeed. I love the look of it and I'm just enjoying driving it atm apart from the godforsaken speedbumps! :evil:

Thanks hickster I'd be chuffed if it was even considered for civic of the month at such an early stage!

• 2 months later...

Right, on a recent trip to Newcastle i went in an underground car park resulting in much scrapage! The Cat was the only part that bore the brunt. I then went to the metro centre the next day (I'm sure their speedbumps are illegal!) and again the cat was scraping on said speedbumps. I know its damaged as its hanging lower than before and going into the garage this week. I always avoid underground car parks but as it was a hotel one it was kinda a neccessity! As for the speedbumps I've also never had a problem. I was thinking about getting a new exhaust and a high flowing cat, is it possible to get smaller ones that don't hang down as far?

i just seen this thread man and well done. the car looks top notch ;) now how hard will it be for me to get you to get a little tuck o the tyres :D haha this means a little bity lower lol. haha sorry i am a little obsesed bow about getting them low :lol:

anywho lol yes the cat and middle box will be the main bits that hit the ground. as my middle box is pretty much got a flat edge on the bottom side :shock:

if you go for a custom exhaust they can do what ever you want, but at a price.

hope this helps 8-)

Cheers mate. I would go a tad lower if it was just for cruising but i do drag racing days and live out in the country and love my B road blastin! The D2s are awesome eh! i spent about a week setting the dampers perfectly!

Custom exhaust looks the likely option then! MOT this week!! haha!

lol haha mineis a daily lol haha. i just live with the little bumps and scrapes lol. B roads A roads there all good lol even no roads lol. just carefullness and knowing what scrape means what lol

wait till your MOT is doen man then go all custom. i would go for decat but its no legal. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

nice to finally see a pirate black with bronze TE37 since they are on my wishlist for a long time (actually wanted gold in the first place, but think the bronze looks better on the pirate black mb6), but they are so expensive. I've even found some used ones 15x7 et43 for a bargain price (about 750usd for the whole set) but they were in Malaysia. Before I could get the cash and shipping sorted they were sold ;o[[

So what is the size and offset of those beauties? They look like a very nice fit on your car. Think I'll stay with my original alloys and just paint them gunmetal like Disco did on his VTi-S until I can find some another great deal on those cause I cannot justify the astronomic price right now. I also need to figure out some more stuff about my future EG trackday car project if they could be used as well (e.g. if I can put the mb6 hub and brakes on the EG..I've seen EG with DC2 brakes which are the same 282/262 as mb6) If they could be re-used on that project I might get them now and enjoy them on my mb6 as well.

Also what was the original drop when you put them on? (the bigger pics...like them more like that and I cannot go very low with our roads anyway). Did you notice any improved comfort due to the lower unsprung weight?

btw what were the earleir wheels on BLAMES-VTI ? They look like TE37, but not sure. Guess he would have stayed with them if they were genuine Volks, so they could be rotas or some other knock-off TE37 wheels.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/b ... t01rk7.jpg

Hi mate, thanks. They are 15 x 6.5" the offset is ET45. I had caliper clearence issues so had to use 5mm shims i'm using standard studs and have had them checked by a mechanic. He said they are fine and tight enough so its all good. Yeah the bronze colour looks good with the pirates black as it goes purple and the wheels go gold in the sun! (when clean) lol!

The ride height on the Lensos was around 45mm drop

Blames had Rota Grids on his MB i think mate. as far as I'm aware there is only me and another MB owner with VOLKS his are 16" silver/gun metal colour

Archived