M4rkvtis' MB6 lowered

m4rkvti-s

Well people, it is time. King i'll give you first refusal on the wheels if i need to break the car. I have been tempted away in the form of a Celica GT4 i checked out insurance on them and being 21 and having 3 years NCB, the insurance i was quoted is £100 more than im currently paying to insure the MB6! Also a guy has sourced me what appears to be a minter with 79k and a few goodies on it with decent service history. Going to look at it on Sunday! The car is currently having the knocking noise sorted in the garage as well as one last once over. The MB was always going to be a stop gap before i moved onto better and faster things, but as you guys have no doubt realised i couldnt help but fall in love with it! It is up for sale on pistonheads currently and there is the link to the sale. Any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2392246.htm

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers mate! I have had to remove the A/C unit as it was in fact the root of the knocking. My Dad said it was ABS! Lol. So, car is now £2200. Someone is going to get a bargain tbh. The wheels and suspension alone set me back well over 1k. Its had every single knock and rattle fixed and many panels replaced. On a better note, I picked up my GT4 yesterday and oh my God what a car! Pics below.

103_0096.jpg

103_0097.jpg

103_0095.jpg

103_0094.jpg

I'll start a thread in the other cars section and stick around as i like the friendly, helpful atmosphere on this board 1"£££$££"!

Cheers mate. I thought the civic turned heads but its nothing compared to this! Its an absolute joy to drive. It is a lot faster than the VTi-S i couldnt belive it! 0-60 is around 2 seconds quicker at least and the instant power is a nice change. The grip is unbelievable and 4WD launches are savage haha. It cost me £3700 and the insurance is £1700 a year. They're a lot cheaper than scoobies to insure, because chavs pick them up for peanuts and wrap them round a tree. The GT4 is a lot rarer and as such not as well known. My mates couldnt believe it when i told them, one lad whos still 20 pays more than me to insure a modded Saxo VTR! Hahaha

Nice new motor! I know what you mean about instant power you get from a turbo! Been driving my VTI recently but this weekend I got my VW Passat out of the garage to give it a clean and such. Anyway it's got 231whp and took it out for a quick blast! You can't beat a forced induction for that instant power feeling! As much as I love my Honda for pure noise you can't beat a good turbo set up!!

Archived