Advancing the timing

syder

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
poss but will suffer midrange torque,drivability =torque wins races 8-)

wonder whats going on @8400 rpm :shock: any probs@that speed and goodbye engine :oops:

why would you take your car to this rpm when vtec tops out below that?

:twisted: i take it to rev limit, it pulls to that in 4th125!!b4 slipping into top :lol:

also if one misses a gear its going too that anyway :idea:

so turning the dizzy towards the center of the car advances it? people say you turn it until you hear it pinking, is that an obvious sound?

you turn it 1 degree at a time and everytime you do it take the car out and do a full throttle pass in any gear. keep advancing the timing until it pings then go back a little bit.

poss but will suffer midrange torque,drivability =torque wins races 8-)

wonder whats going on @8400 rpm :shock: any probs@that speed and goodbye engine :oops:

why would you take your car to this rpm when vtec tops out below that?

:twisted: i take it to rev limit, it pulls to that in 4th125!!b4 slipping into top :lol:

also if one misses a gear its going too that anyway :idea:

b18c4 only revs to 8100 rpm. produced full power at 7600. anything after that isnt power.

still faster in fourth @8100rpm than top gear, needs upgrade gearbox s80/lsd be nice as better ratio in top

mine too tall !!

What do you mean "faster in fourth than top gear" 5th gear is faster because it is the last gear, you have to change gear to go faster :?

still faster in fourth @8100rpm than top gear, needs upgrade gearbox s80/lsd be nice as better ratio in top

mine too tall !!

What do you mean "faster in fourth than top gear" 5th gear is faster because it is the last gear, you have to change gear to go faster :?

mb6 are over geared mate thats why peeps change gearbox for better ratio ones do a search for upgrade gearboxes s80 y1 ect intergra type ect :o

mine too tall !!

mb6 are over geared mate thats why peeps change gearbox for better ratio ones do a search for upgrade gearboxes s80 y1 ect intergra type ect :o

maybe so but people upgrade the box to get a faster acceleration, the mb6 box is actually faster than the s80 box, as highlighted from in another topic S80 redlines at 149mph and s9b at 154mph

Archived