Clutch Problems

awahwah

Guys,

Maybe one of you machanic types could help me out a little.

Just had the Clutch replaced on MC2 VTi. Before the replacement, the Clutch was low but other then that there were no problems with it - no slipage, no judder all ok.

After having a local garage (who has done good work for me before) replace it with a blue print clutch. I know have Judder in 1st and reverse - to pull away smothly, I have to rev to 2k and occasional slippage when reving this high - release clutch peddle, wait 2 seconds to for any drive.

I have a couple of ideas of whats wrong, maybe one of you guys could input something.

1) Flywheel - but this would have shown it head pre-new clutch.

2) Fluid leak - check oil weekly, would expect it to drop if the crank seal was leaking. Gearbox seal??

3) Clutch is knaked

4) Clutch has not been fitted correctly.

I've checked clutch hydro fluid - nice and clean and at the right level.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Tom

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maby some oil or something on the clutch when fitting

and for the juddering i noticed a joddering after a new clutch aswell but how bad yours is i dont know

check slave cylinder and master maby gaskets need replaceing :mrgreen:

I would say you have oil on the plate or a clutch plate fault with the new unit , eather way i would take it back to the garage and get them to sort it . Rich.

possible gearbox/engine mountings w****red out i had udder judders and uprated them, energy inserts!!one was broken put these in and udder judder 99%better need another front gbox mounting one day!!ok for time being :)

get them too check out on monday they are all as soft as pooh!!mountings ect :lol:

Update for you.

Took it in, they went out with me and I easliy demostrated the problem. They tried to say that there was engine oil on to the clutch\pressure plates and this was the problem. I asked if I'd if the engine oil would get lower on the dip stick, they said yes. I said that it's checked every week and hasn't moved in 2 months. I then said to them that if that was the case, the fault would come and go as the oil is burnt then re-applied - they saw sence then and agreed that oil would not be the case.

I asked for the car to be put on the ramps to check for any gearbox oil from around the bell - nothing dry as a bone - no sump leaks either. I also wanted to check a knocking noise from the front near side - found out the lower arm's bush has gone :(.

Anyway...

booked in on Thursday for them to take the box out and see what the story is with the clutch. I'll keep you posted and I'm very much looking forward to replacing that bush!! A job for this weekend me thinks :)

Edit - Rich, whats the chances of a warped flywheel?

Archived