Clutch Problems

awahwah

May not be anything to with your problem but when i changed my plugs for new ones i also developed a judder when pulling off in first gear.

But then again i had an advisory in my mot that my front gearbox mounting bolt was missing, not yet replaced it so this maybe the problem

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't had to change B series flywheels for warping, but for excessive juddering I have, normally because the muppet owner drives the car until the clutch just slips and the car has no drive. You then get 'hot spots' (blue spots) on the friction surface, which will cause a judder...If you possibly can go in and have a look at the flywheel when the box is out, the surface should be smooth and all one colour of grey/silver. If there are any spots in it, (like a leopard's fur!!) then you may have a flywheel problem, and need it re-skimmed or replaced. Do you know what make clutch they have fitted??

Thanks Rich.

They used a Blue Print clutch kit. Funny enough to previous owners where a old couple and the clutch that was pulled out was pretty used but did not slip, so I don't think that will be the problem. Us I'm confident that the garage I've used checked the fly wheel before fitting the new clutch - I asked them to.

I'll keep your guys updated and thanks for your replys. You all rock

Im not sure were you would get one from in the uk , i have always got my stuff from the states , i have a standard one in my garage im sure i have but its gone a a bit rusty . If you want the fastest and cheapest fix i would just take the one you have to a machine or enginnering shop . Rich.

You could look for an integra one, but i wouldnt go buying one till you know for sure, and surely if the garage has damaged any part of your car it is their responsibility to replace it.

You took the car to have the clutch replaced and they did not mention to you that the flywheel was damaged when they were carrying out the repair, that therefore means that there was nothing wrong with it so any damages have happened due to their own fault.

May not be anything to with your problem but when i changed my plugs for new ones i also developed a judder when pulling off in first gear.

But then again i had an advisory in my mot that my front gearbox mounting bolt was missing, not yet replaced it so this maybe the problem

1"£££$££"! that the problem mate

Archived