Spacer's for Koni STR.T shox & springs

PsychoDogBeast

Hi there all

After running the 'cheapy' Koni Str.t suspension on my MB6 for the last 8 months ive finaly decided, the front end is far too low. My MB runs on accord fitting 16" wheels and after putting a pair of new tyres on the front its starting to catch the arches on hard cornering and im sick of pothole watching, ARB drop links creaking under the strain.

I like the feel of the suspension, its firm and not too crashy and if i could raise the front of the car by 20-30mm it would be ideal.

Ive read on teh forums members running the eibach springs, but with spacers to raise them a little, does anyone know of where i can purchase the spacers, collars etc?

Failing that, can anyone give me any info on what i should swop the front springs/shocks to drop the car roughly 25mm from standard but still give a nice ride and better handling than stock.

Many thanks in advance

James

The front konis drop the car more than the advertised 35mm. I would suggest getting progrssive springs with a rated drop of 30mm. I bought cobras but other springs like spax etc will do just fine.

Ground control do a proper coilover add on for Koni Yellows, you could try contacting them and see if it will fit the koni street shock?

MGZS suspension is supposed to be about a 25mm drop and handle much better but they're all second hand and of unknown life span/previous abuse :(

I had engineers make these collars as I found the Koni/Eibach combo great to drive but too much of the 'drag' car look. My local machine shop measured the diameter of the shock, also the koni has an adjustable spring pan, the collar sits on a snap ring and then the spring pan sits of top of that. Just effort thats all i.e. taking off the shock, explaining to the engineer what i need etc.

I had engineers make these collars as I found the Koni/Eibach combo great to drive but too much of the 'drag' car look. My local machine shop measured the diameter of the shock, also the koni has an adjustable spring pan, the collar sits on a snap ring and then the spring pan sits of top of that. Just effort thats all i.e. taking off the shock, explaining to the engineer what i need etc.

I'm runnig the same set up and they do make the car hug the road, but they are too low at the front - nice bit of info there mate.. don't suppose you have the dims for the collars?

ps are they the yellow adjustable konis?

cheers

Cheers for all the replies.

I'm going to have a look into getting some spacers machined, but ive also spoken to the guys at Koni regarding the springs been too low and they have put me intouch with camberley auto factors, the suppliers of the koni kit, so watch this space!

cheers James

• 2 weeks later...