dash board

jocky2k

without getting the old measuring tape out, its very hard to say for sure mate. Going on the theory that a lot of teg parts fit the mb's, they may be similar widths. And it's possible to fit the teg dash into a civic eg/ej, so would imagine the eg one would fit an mb, with a bit of fiddling. The heater etc and wiring for switch gear would be a hassle though and would take a lot of work.

Ah the old measuring tape!! Lol. Our trusted friend.

The heater etc wouldn't be a prob as I'd be using a loom from an eg as that's one of the reasons why I want the dash in. Think I'm gonna need to borrow the other half's car and do some measuring!!

The only thing that mite be an issue are the door cards meeting up wit the dash! What you reckon???

hmm. you could maybe try and either get custo door cards made, or, get one spare mb one and one spare eg one. then you could cut the fron quarter bit off them, and try and mate the eg one onto the mb, joining them together. Not sure what you could use to join them, maybe thin straps (very thin!) of wood on the rear of the panel, and glue/screws too to make it solid. Then you could fibreglass over it to make it even stronger. Obviously both panels will need to be stripped of all trim coverings/fabrics prior to this. To the front side of the panel, where the join is, i'd use more fibreglass resin over the join, then maybe a bit of flexable filler over that. |Then recover the panel with new material. only way I can think of overcoming the problem effectively. There will prob be other ways too to get round the problem. Will make one hell of a project mate so remember to take loads of pics. You really thinking about going ahead with it? I'll tell you what would be a really sweet touch to the dash.......S2K instrument cluster!!! that would look totally amazing! I have a link somewhere for a guy that does the neccessary stuff to these to get them to work in different hondas

Sweet drop us the link.

Well I'm still in the process of thinkin and measuring to be sure and if all goes well then yea as I'll be doing a re-wire for my vtec so thought I'd make I proper project out of it.

Yea I'll do a full build up but need to get my MOT done and out of the way first.

• 1 year later...

Archived