Oil, some basic advice.

oilman

yes im changing on my honda every 6k, but this was my old car im talking about the clio 1.2

yeah i work at a fleet company in the maintenance dept, we deal with company cars servicing and problems, we dont get any problems with hondas to be fair. a couple of colleagues said they are really dependant on good oil quality but i havent come accross any probs...

• 4 weeks later...
okay so i need 3L of millers and 5L of Mobil super S.. can i go for the 2000W or the 3000W.. both are good for the engine arent they :) just found the Mobil Super S 5W/40 3000w... fully synthetic.. that be okay yes?

did you change your gearbox oil? how is it now?

i know this gearbopx oil job is fairly straight forward but a guide would be helpful on this please anyone??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi I have a turbod civic and I explained this today at my Local euro parts and they give me 80w-90 GL-5 he said.it would be perfect but I have feeling it maybe be wrong can somebody help please oil made by valvoline.

It isn't right. It should be a 70w-80 or 75w-80. 80w-90 may be okay, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Cheers

Tim

• 2 months later...
  • Dave unpinned this topic