Best suspension for MB6?

nickrueth

Hi all,

I've been snooping around this site for a while, i'll introduce myself in the noob section once ive got pics of the car.

Basically I bought my MB6 already lowered on just springs and it handles erm....not brilliantly. The car has quite a big gap between tyres and arches on the rear and it bounces up and down like crazy! I'm not sure what brand the springs are but they are gloss black so thinking zs180?

Just wondering what the best suspension (nothing too pricey) is to get and what other models have compatible suspension (i've heard crx springs fit, and lower by quite a lot-can someone tell me if this is true?), and also where to buy it from as not many places seem to cater for the mb6! Ideally. i'd like low,stiff suspension btw.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I've been snooping around this site for a while, i'll introduce myself in the noob section once ive got pics of the car.

Basically I bought my MB6 already lowered on just springs and it handles erm....not brilliantly. The car has quite a big gap between tyres and arches on the rear and it bounces up and down like crazy! I'm not sure what brand the springs are but they are gloss black so thinking zs180?

Just wondering what the best suspension (nothing too pricey) is to get and what other models have compatible suspension (i've heard crx springs fit, and lower by quite a lot-can someone tell me if this is true?), and also where to buy it from as not many places seem to cater for the mb6! Ideally. i'd like low,stiff suspension btw.

In my honest opinion good and not expensive very rarely can be used in one sentence. From my personal experiance D2's are really good. Koni street are accaptable but only with good seats to hold you in place, and on a hardest setting.

In my honest opinion good and not expensive very rarely can be used in one sentence. From my personal experiance D2's are really good. Koni street are accaptable but only with good seats to hold you in place, and on a hardest setting.

ive got eibach springs and koni yellow shocks. they're pretty low at the front, and you have to have the front shocks pretty stiff... takes a bit of tweking to get the right balance of not bouncing and being too firm.

I'd suggest that your bouncing is coz of standard shocks... not a good combo with lowered springs :)

ive got eibach springs and koni yellow shocks. they're pretty low at the front, and you have to have the front shocks pretty stiff... takes a bit of tweking to get the right balance of not bouncing and being too firm.

I'd suggest that your bouncing is coz of standard shocks... not a good combo with lowered springs :)

Archived