noisy engine + vibration.

KiNK43

hey,

just wondered if this sounds normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLPgfnDHRsE

i always thought the ticking was the valve clearances set wrong but i spent ages the other day making sure that they are spot on!

now it seems to me that the tick is from the injectors or certainly that side of the head.

its only really noticeable when engine is warm and its got louder over the last few weeks.

also there is a vibration coming into the car through the steering wheel and drivers door only at idle.

if i just raise the engine speed to 1000rpm the vibration completely disapears.

and there no vibration on the passenger side. but i can see my wing mirror even shaking on the drivers side.

engine mounts look sound.

anyone got any ideas please???

thanks. jake

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey,

just wondered if this sounds normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLPgfnDHRsE

i always thought the ticking was the valve clearances set wrong but i spent ages the other day making sure that they are spot on!

now it seems to me that the tick is from the injectors or certainly that side of the head.

its only really noticeable when engine is warm and its got louder over the last few weeks.

also there is a vibration coming into the car through the steering wheel and drivers door only at idle.

if i just raise the engine speed to 1000rpm the vibration completely disapears.

and there no vibration on the passenger side. but i can see my wing mirror even shaking on the drivers side.

engine mounts look sound.

anyone got any ideas please???

thanks. jake

So you think engine sounds healthy? Any ideas on the vibration? It's a slight concern.

Can't afford this car to die on me. I really look after it too! 2 more years and I'm gonna get a newer Honda. Maybe ep3 or something. But for now want to keep my trusty mb runnin tip top. Thanks for quick reply. Jake

So you think engine sounds healthy? Any ideas on the vibration? It's a slight concern.

Can't afford this car to die on me. I really look after it too! 2 more years and I'm gonna get a newer Honda. Maybe ep3 or something. But for now want to keep my trusty mb runnin tip top. Thanks for quick reply. Jake

Archived