noisy engine + vibration.

KiNK43

Have you checked the engine mounts?

Vibration only on the drivers side (while stood still) would suggest a ropey engine mount to me!

There's nothing else moving to cause it and the mount act as a vibration damper...

Very quick to check their condition, and not too hard to sort out!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you checked the engine mounts?

Vibration only on the drivers side (while stood still) would suggest a ropey engine mount to me!

There's nothing else moving to cause it and the mount act as a vibration damper...

Very quick to check their condition, and not too hard to sort out!

my steering wheel vibrates,now i put energy inserts in the mounts,

its the cars character from now on, lots better handling though!!drivability ,pull away & agressive driving & clutchjudder 100% better than my knakered fronts !!! for 3 mount modifications !!!

my steering wheel vibrates,now i put energy inserts in the mounts,

its the cars character from now on, lots better handling though!!drivability ,pull away & agressive driving & clutchjudder 100% better than my knakered fronts !!! for 3 mount modifications !!!

Ooo nice. Heard good things bout stiffer mounts, but im getting vibration with stock mounts so dread to think what it would be like with stiffer ones.

yes but you have repaired with silocone?/bet you didnt check the one that does all the work ie the rear one on bulkhead????? ;) cant even see it, let alone check it, they come loose i have heard!!!!!!!!! ;)

Ooo nice. Heard good things bout stiffer mounts, but im getting vibration with stock mounts so dread to think what it would be like with stiffer ones.

yes but you have repaired with silocone?/bet you didnt check the one that does all the work ie the rear one on bulkhead????? ;) cant even see it, let alone check it, they come loose i have heard!!!!!!!!! ;)

Archived