few updates

kyekye09

i got both sides from imperial panels think it was like £28 a side..... your repair work is really good and its not like its taken you long.... i so wish i could weld id save myself a small fortune :lol:

Thats a great price! get a cheap hobby welder and just practice thats all i did. You'll pick it up in no time ;)

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i got both sides from imperial panels think it was like £28 a side..... your repair work is really good and its not like its taken you long.... i so wish i could weld id save myself a small fortune :lol:

Thats a great price! get a cheap hobby welder and just practice thats all i did. You'll pick it up in no time ;)

hobby welder.....????? where and how...???? i tried arc welding years ago......... the end product would have made you sick-smileys-1050.gif]

hobby welder.....????? where and how...???? i tried arc welding years ago......... the end product would have made you sick-smileys-1050.gif]

Well not like a top notch lincoln etc. A well looked after clarke,sip.. welder is perfectly good enough, and can be picked up for about £60. Plus make freinds with a landlord to hook you up with a bottle of co2 and your well on you way. Yeh arc welding is much more difficult i tend to stay away from it. It's mainly for really heavy grade stuff, Im totally useless at it :lol:

Ive got a gasless mig, there good if your welding good clean metal, but how often is it good and clean? :roll: gas is the way forward, theres not much you cant weld with one of them.

Basic welding skills take mins to learn, its more getting the settings right for you, i like the wire to feed quite fast where as others prefere it to feed at a slower speed.

We will have to bring a welder along to the next meet! :lol:

Its hard to explain over message but basicaly when you arc up you will see a glowing ball and you want to keep your wire just unso infront its down to hearing what the welds doing, if its a nice buzz as your moving along your doing well if its splatering then you are either going to fast with your hand or your wire speed isnt right for your speed of movement or powers too low or your just on poo metal (not preped properly) best thing to do is borrow a welder if pos and practice on different bits of metal clean thick metal and old crap stuff.

All down to practice at the end of the day, like every thing. ;)

Hope that made sence??

Archived