few updates

kyekye09

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i will look into it bud i think a trip back to the mot station just to pick his brain

or me...

i blue peter fashion here's a post i did earlier....

http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=9659&p=123027&hilit=+abs#p123027

bottom post, i'm not too sure on the new reg's as i haven't done a test since january. but as your's is a 1.6 abs was standerd fitment, but with the modified vehicle's clause, it may be ok with out abs....

i will look into it bud i think a trip back to the mot station just to pick his brain

or me...

http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=9659&p=123027&hilit=+abs#p123027

bottom post, i'm not too sure on the new reg's as i haven't done a test since january. but as your's is a 1.6 abs was standerd fitment, but with the modified vehicle's clause, it may be ok with out abs....

so are you saying depending on tester and station it might pass but then again it might not... so confused :roll::lol:

or me...

so are you saying depending on tester and station it might pass but then again it might not... so confused :roll::lol:

yep, it's all down to the tester reading the manual, even more so when it come's to exesessive play in a ball joint, we're not given a it's exesessive at 5mm of movement...

that's a bonus about the projectors as well.

or me...

yep, it's all down to the tester reading the manual, even more so when it come's to exesessive play in a ball joint, we're not given a it's exesessive at 5mm of movement...

that's a bonus about the projectors as well.

so if i was to do the complete abs delete i might still be wasting my time :roll: i will get down to the mot tester in the morning and see what he says ;)

no you wont be wasting your time with that the mot guide states that abs where fitted to a standard vehicle of this type must be tested accordingly

note the word standard and as you would be removing the complete abs system your car is no longer classed as standard and must be tested as a modified vehicle .

you dont even have to declare that you have removed the system that way the tester will look at the cv's and dash and see no trace of an abs setup and assume the car is non abs

so if i was to do the complete abs delete i might still be wasting my time :roll: i will get down to the mot tester in the morning and see what he says ;)

think brake proportion valve has to be fitted from an early model :?

...???? whats that for andrew...????

going to get another look at the new deck today so as said i might just strip the white one and start again :oops: ...... :lol:

Archived