!.6 aerodeck es arb help

kyekye09

hi all is there a rear arb upgrade option for my deck as i have looked under the car and its not the same as the vti i was breaking few weeks ago... there seems to be lots of mg zs questions on here for the vti but none for the lesser models i aint no mechanic but i know what a drop link and arb looks like i just cant find any for mine(1.6 es).... Help please........anyone......!!!!!!

Have a look behind

Rear suspension. There are usually two brackets, one either side on the chassis with two holes in each. They are what the arb fit too. If you havent got them I guess your out of luck. If you have see if you have the mounting hole on the lower control arm to attach the links. If you got all these mounting places then you need either an mb or mg zs arb, drop links and bushes. Will bolt straight on.

Have a look behind

Rear suspension. There are usually two brackets, one either side on the chassis with two holes in each. They are what the arb fit too. If you havent got them I guess your out of luck. If you have see if you have the mounting hole on the lower control arm to attach the links. If you got all these mounting places then you need either an mb or mg zs arb, drop links and bushes. Will bolt straight on.

Thanks for the info bud.... Yes the mounting holes are there just need to do somecheep deal hunting now....

• 1 month later...

Any rear ARB will be an improvement mate, either get one from a normal hatch VTI, or as you know there is the MG ZS option which is a bit thicker. Depending on what one you choose will determine which type of drop links you need. But like has been said, you should have all the holes needed, its just a bolt on job!! ;)

Any rear ARB will be an improvement mate, either get one from a normal hatch VTI, or as you know there is the MG ZS option which is a bit thicker. Depending on what one you choose will determine which type of drop links you need. But like has been said, you should have all the holes needed, its just a bolt on job!! ;)

i should have remove the vti one when i had the chance.... there is a zs180 erb on ebay for £39 but i dont know what else id need to fit this to my car (L bracket thingies or c clip brackets) but thanks for the advice bud...!!!!

Archived