water leaking inside passenger footwell

jal09

As it has been raining these last few days, I've noticed some water leaking under the passenger footwell on my civic vti-s (MB6) this happens when I have the heating on to clear the windows. I am pretty sure this isnt any coolant, its rain water coming in from somewhere!

Has any1 had this happen to them or can any1 help me to determine why this is happening?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you using your A/C? Could be your A/C evaporator drain tube come off, it should be attached to drain off the water outside your car, but if it has come off, it will pour water into your footwell.... :shock:

yep, thats the other option, if u look at the bottom of your a piller, you will find a piece of trim, remove that and if you look hard enough, (ECU may be in the way?) you should see a plastic see through pipe going into a black rubber tube. Check that the pipe is in the tube, and that the tube aint blocked. A way to check it out is open your sunroof, and pour water down the drain pipes. Careful with your aim, you dont want to soak your seats!!! Done that before! :oops: The water should pour out from behind the bottom of your front wings, if it doesnt, you got a blockage/pipe loose!! :ugeek:;)

Or, it could be your weather proof membraine on your doors not sticking correctly, you will have to remove your door cards to check that im afraid. :(

• 3 months later...

I have somewhat similar problem. Everytime I go thru a car wash I get water leaks in the passenger foot area. I have LHD model, so it is on the right side of the car. The water doesn't smell anyhow so I guess it's just water. It is between glovebox and passenger door. Which is near to where the ecu is located IIRC from breaking dowm my old crashed mb6. This is above ecu on corner of the dash.

I'll look into what jalesi2001 and chrisvtis suggested the next time it happens although I prefer to wash my car by hand and it only happens if I go thru car wash.

So thats what the 2 holes in the corner of the sunroof are!! Thanks for the info jalesi!

A friend of mine had a similiar problem with water leaking into the footwell on a BMW E36, turned out the Heater Matrix had been patched up with silicon and that had given way and water was dripping onto his mats! He wasnt happy!

Have a look, jal09 and keep us posted!

washed my car yesterday and since I was lazy to do it by hand I have tried some non-contact carwash. There was a lot of water used in the process and I got massive leaking at the usual place. I haven't looked into EPC to see what is inside that area that could be causing it, but I've captured it on my phone camera. Only had my old nokia with me, so the quality is not that great, but you can actually see a water drop falling from the place. Again this is LHD so it is on right side where is passenger. If you have any ideas please let me know. I am not much wiser from what jalesi2001 said, but I will look into it.

http://uploaded.to/file/gv8tr7

here is the vid...only 5MB

Im sure this has been covered before . I think :D

Take the wipers off and the scuttle panel and the drain holes the corners of the troff get full off poo and the troff fills up and then it leaks into the car through the air box intake hole . Rich.

Archived