water leaking inside passenger footwell

jal09

yes rich you right i had this prob and i put it on here somewhere .all it was dirt leaf and crap making the water run right into the hole where you get the air from outside the car for the fan to blow .clean it all and jobs done get a sky box :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just joined the club. I have had my X reg.VTI for 4 years now and had to replace the blower early on as it screamed at low speeds and eventually caused the speed control resistor network to burn out. Had new parts fitted at great expense and now its started doing it again after 2 years. Looking at the video it would appear that I have a similar problem and I am guessing that the motor is getting wet and then rusting up. I will investigate to see if the drain holes are blocked on my car.

I found water in my foot well on one occasion. I was driving in the rain with the air con and heating on to demist the car. Its not happened since. Incidentally, is it normal to get a quiet hissing noise from around the passenger foot-well when the A/C is on? The noise stops and starts within a constant time period.

I am glad I found this club site. I have found very little info on the 5 door models on the Net despite the car being quite popular. I love it and changed to the VTI after having 2 Peugeot 309 GTI's for 16 years.

Hi! Not sure on what the hissing noise is, is it only when using the aircon? If so, there may be a leak somewhere, which should deff be checked out asap.

Yeah, there isnt a lot of info available for these civics, but we've built up (and will continue to add to it through our members) quite a good database of info on them now, so anything you need to know should be on this site somewhere ;) There are a couple of Civic M series sites worth a look, M-perium and MBSquad. One is German and the other is French, both good sites. Thre links to them on our affiliates page 8-)

Hi Dave.

The hissing only occurs when the A/C is on. It's not a loud noise, more of a shshshsh. It's been there ever since I've had the car. I wondered if it just needed re-gassing as I don't think it's been done since new in 2000.

Thanks for the info on the other sites.

It probably will need regassing mate, most of them do. Mines was fine, so dont know if mileage has anything to do with it as mines is low miles, but doubt it. Maybe mines already been regassed! Get them to give the aircon system a good check while theyre there though, just to be on the safe side. ;)

I tried to find the drain tubes and had no luck...if I understood it right it should be somewhere behind the wipers panel, but when I took it off there was nothing except the hole for the cabin air filter. Took a pic of it with my phone.[attachment=1]Copy of 27112009509 (50).jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]Copy of 27112009510 (50).jpg[/attachment]

thx Jal...the only thing I understood from Rich's advice were the wipers, so that was the direction I went for ;o]]

Im sure this has been covered before . I think :D

Take the wipers off and the scuttle panel and the drain holes the corners of the troff get full off poo and the troff fills up and then it leaks into the car through the air box intake hole . Rich.

Archived