water leaking inside passenger footwell

jal09

hehe....I believe the drain tubes are my problem mate....so you actually helped a lot (although I cannot look further into that problem since my car is being repaired from a small bump)...still I am kinda confused...will look below the a pillars to clean the roof drain tubes as you suggested first and see if it helps or not...if it will not than I will have a look behind the wipers when the leaking occurs again...not sure what to look for since there was just an empty space but at least I can have a look if any water is coming in there or not...I found a nice way how to remove the clamps that hold the wiper plate...had a real struggle with them but when I fought the last one to undo I found that a small 6mm spanner has ideal width to compress the clamp just enough to go thru and thx to the small size is capable of getting in the tight spots there...so next time it should only take a few mins

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I last contacted the site.

I had my VTI serviced in January and the garage seems to have removed the grill and cleaned out any leaves and debris inside. Since then the fan has stopped making a screaming noise so I am hoping that it was water getting into the fan and cleaning out the vents has stopped the problem.

I finally got my car air con re gassed today using a Bosch ACS500 machine, which is fully automatic. The machine removed 170g of gas and no oil and replaced it with 560g of gas and 10ml of oil. Based on that it was nearly empty! and the noise from what I think was the evaporator has stopped. I guess it was low gas or air in the system.

The only other problem that has reoccurred is that the blower resistor has failed again after three and a half years of use. I bought a new one and fitted it myself this time. If it goes again I will make my own up with high wattage resistors.

Thank you to all who took the time to offer me advice.

Regards

Chris

• 4 months later...

The rain as started and I had a problem, was apearing me water inside the car, falling from under my glove compartment, at the begining i dind's saw from were it came but with time i saw it was falling from the heather engine behind the glove compartement.

if ayone has this problem this is how i solved it.

Bought a tube of old windshield sealent the one that dont get's rigid is always stiky... used on car with glasses suported by ruber such as golf II, old Polo... for example.

I took of my "curcvan", under the front windshield and cleaned the rest of the old glue or double glue tape on it...

Mounted it again, and putted some sealent between the glass and the "curcvan", it became a little too dirty but after fixing it with springs and cleaning the glass it became cool, and now the water fall, touches the selaent inside the curcvan and goes directly to the sides without faling inside the car trough the hole where the air enter's...

Didn't thought about other solutions without buing a new part and use the original tape to glue it to the windshiels.

Any ideias or other way's to solve it tell me.

Bruno

Archived