What VTEC?

harVTEC

Hi everyone, I have finally brought the exact MB3 I have been waiting almost 2 years for! :twisted:

So I got myself an X reg 1.5 Civic Sport, the one with the D15Z8 Engine.

But I have a few questions; it is the 8 Valve engine right? I'm guessing the 8 in the engine code reflects this.

What kind of VTEC do I have? I have looked but just end up confused :?

How much lower is the VTI-s than mine?

Any help would be most appreciaed, and if this is in the wrong place please move mods :D

Thank you.

harVTEC

hi harv , right so you have an mb3 (like mine :D ) with the d15z8 engine . ok no its not 8 value its 16 value (as far as i know honda not made 8 values for a long time :lol: ) 1.5 vtec-e, the sport what you have is just the trim level

the vti (mb6) has an 1.8 twin cam with what you could say the pure vtec :lol::D .

adam has put on here all adout vtec's . but basic the 1.5 vtec is not the hardcore we have a diff type in a way the vtec point on mb3 it 2500rpm unlike the mb6 (around 4500rpm if i am correct :lol: ) mb3 runs lean when your green light is on so save fuel ie vtec-e (eco :lol: ) and when you hit 2500rpm the inlet values open full under 2500rpm they are only half way open . more to it but thats basic someone may correct me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: hope that helps ;) 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!!

Ah thank you Dave, that's most helpful :D So I have poorman's VTEC lol, well thanks for the help, I had a mind freeze while being confused in the 3 stage VTECs and stuff! Maybe I should steal the K20A from my Dad's Integra then I'll have the harsh VTEC!!!

Many thanks

harVTEC

Ah thank you Dave, that's most helpful :D So I have poorman's VTEC lol, well thanks for the help, I had a mind freeze while being confused in the 3 stage VTECs and stuff! Maybe I should steal the K20A from my Dad's Integra then I'll have the harsh VTEC!!!

Many thanks

harVTEC

yer a poorman's vtec but we get rich while the people with true vtec's get poor . coz they need more fuel :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

a lot more fuel

I drive 90 miles a day in mine...

It drinks more than my 3.0 Beemer! The advancement in technology / efficiency over 7 year newer car is phenomenal!

You've just gotta stay out of vtec john thats the only way to get good fuel economy. i know its very difficult ;)

:twisted:

so what mods have you planed harv??

Well I'm only 16, 17 in July and insurance is already going to be around £6,500 so I'll have to keep it pretty stock.

Already has a cat back after market exhaust, plan on doing the airbox mod (trim out any restrictions), change to either MG ZS suspension, or the VTI-s ones, or maybe just prgressive springs. And going to get a ZS ARB.

Cheers

harVTEC

Archived