Accord Sport Alloy Wheels

harVTEC

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question, can someone confirm that the 16" (well I think they're 16s) alloys from an Accord Sport will fit my MB3 with no problems (obviously with lower tyre profile)

I have seen M's driving around with them on, I think they were an option. Just need to know before I buy a set.

Thanks in advance.

harVTEC

No mate, MB3 is 4x100 and Accords are 4x114.3, AFAIK! :D

Oh, I didn't realise they were different stud patterns, well there must be a civic version of the wheel as I have seen quite a few standard ones (no hub conversion) with them :?

Thanks for the help.

harVTEC

http://www.alloyguide.com/Honda.php

That's american, so the MB3 isn;t listed, but

http://www.civic5.com/wheel-info.html

MB3 is 4x100. Accords are 4x114.3, unless it's a VERY early one :D

Preludes also were 4x114.3

I'd say they wouldn't fit, but, you most probably could get a very similar set as 4x100 is one of the most popular!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BBS-RZ-17-inch-al ... _500wt_950

Thanks to everyone for the help, well I am now baffled as I have seen 1.5 Sport VTECs with the wheels on, and I've always planned on getting some. As for the BBS RZs I would because they look so similar but it would up my insurance.

Now stuck, but thank you.

harVTEC

Yes they do look good on the old civ. As for your insurance, I wouldnt worry too much about what wheels youve got on. I have rotas on my mb and have not long had a claim after van door swung into my path. There was no mention of any of my mods.

Dont think insurance really care about wheels. Unless someone pinched them and you tried to claim new aftermarket wheels. But locking nuts will prevent that unlikely scenario.

Yes they do look good on the old civ. As for your insurance, I wouldnt worry too much about what wheels youve got on. I have rotas on my mb and have not long had a claim after van door swung into my path. There was no mention of any of my mods.

Dont think insurance really care about wheels. Unless someone pinched them and you tried to claim new aftermarket wheels. But locking nuts will prevent that unlikely scenario.

It's more the problem if I had an accident, and just by chance an Insurance Inspector came and inspected the car, which would be my luck, if I hadn't declared them my insurance would be void. Happened to a mate of mine :(

Not really a risk worth taking to be honest, it would be my luck that it would happen to me :(

Thanks for the info anyway mate.

Still dont know what wheels are on that Civic in that link then :cry:

harVTEC

Archived