clicking when fan is on

ep82

I believe this is because leafs keeps falling onto my car and some got into the vents into the system I could be wrong tho. it just sounds like when something is hitting/rubbing the blades as the fan spins.

when I turn the fan on. I hear clicking. fan 1 is slow and 2 speeds up 3 is faster...... but if I leave it on 4, the clicks seems to stop after about 4 secs (hot air). if I leave it on there for a min or so, it seems to stop the clicking on all speeds.

Is this leafs or the fan bearings starting to stick? any solutions? :)

it's pretty easy to drop the fan unit out - just 3 bolts if I remember. would let you see if there's owt hitting the blades :)

it's just to the left hand side in the passenger footwell.

no worries chi, when I was taking one out at the scrappie I took half of the assemble to bits before I realised which bit i was after :lol:

this is the fella... either a screwdriver or socket...

20101121_003.jpg

3 to unscrew.... but oops, first take off the bit of trim to the left hand side unless this is as far as it will drop... doh:

20101121_004.jpg

by the way, that funny bracket at the front of the pic's for my phone kit speaker.

then you'll get this... damn leaves!

20101121_006.jpg

hope that sorts it out dude

1"£££$££"!!

Wow Simon. Thanks for the clear pics dude. It really helped. Had a go at it today and cleaned it out :) had ait of a prob tho. Can't undo the plug. Maybe it's because i have crap grip or the fact it's cold outside and my fingers has gone stiff :P. So I had to take the side trim off and drop it down enough and scrape the leafs out with a small Alan key lol. Took ages but At lease it's done now :)

Just Done this on mine... one and a half leaves was in there and the noise it was making was dreadfull :( all sorted now tho ( i couldnt get the plug off either so left it on) , taking the trim off was a pain in the backside aswell but it seemed a good excuse to hide my amp wiring so thats another job done:)

10/10 for the guide :)

Archived