My Accord

mrwall

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice mate i like the accords ,my first ever drive of a vtec honda was an accord type r that we had repaired at work and it need a geom check and road test :D , wow how fast that car felt to me then applause.gif1

Rich.

No plans for a year, have had bad luck 2 bumps in 12 months. having trouble insuring it as standard never mind modded!....few white lies will have to be told!

eventually though the eggsause will have to be changed and a possible dropsy, other than that just the front end repainted, lower exec lip and skirts colour coded

Insurance drives me up the wall! :evil:

• 2 months later...

headlights needed to be sorted so here are a few pics so far

takes lots of time to do this, don't know about the Civics but my accord's headlights look boring, no funds for a set of ATR ones so I heated the light in the oven for a couple of minutes (misses NOT happy!)

about 180degrees and lightly seasoned with a touch of extra virgin olive oil

DSC06422.jpg

when they hot (make sure you place them on a COLD baking tray or you'll melt them!) use a large flat headed screwdricer to tease the clips over the noggins then gently (the plastic is hot and will deform) prize them open.

once open carefully remove the reflector

DSC06423.jpg

DSC06424.jpg

now go and "borrow" your wifeys nail polish remover and start rubbing the chroome off with an old cloth, nothing too rough or it will show up. under the chrome finish with a bit of elbow grease you will see a mid gloss finish

DSC06426.jpg

DSC06428.jpg

The Accord has the indicator built in, I am going to leave this chrome, I am not sure ow bright the indicator will be black, don't want the old bill pulling me over.

thats it for now over the next few weeks I'll keep updating, (dredding pulling the bumper off to fit the lights!)

headlights needed to be sorted so here are a few pics so far

takes lots of time to do this, don't know about the Civics but my accord's headlights look boring, no funds for a set of ATR ones so I heated the light in the oven for a couple of minutes (misses NOT happy!)

about 180degrees and lightly seasoned with a touch of extra virgin olive oil

DSC06422.jpg

when they hot (make sure you place them on a COLD baking tray or you'll melt them!) use a large flat headed screwdricer to tease the clips over the noggins then gently (the plastic is hot and will deform) prize them open.

once open carefully remove the reflector

DSC06423.jpg

DSC06424.jpg

now go and "borrow" your wifeys nail polish remover and start rubbing the chroome off with an old cloth, nothing too rough or it will show up. under the chrome finish with a bit of elbow grease you will see a mid gloss finish

DSC06426.jpg

DSC06428.jpg

The Accord has the indicator built in, I am going to leave this chrome, I am not sure ow bright the indicator will be black, don't want the old bill pulling me over.

thats it for now over the next few weeks I'll keep updating, (dredding pulling the bumper off to fit the lights!)

all the chrome rubbed off, took about 2 hours in all

just semi gloss black left now no need for spraying.

DSC06429.jpg

rebuilt using a heat gun, may run a bead f clear silicone just to be safe

DSC06430.jpg

all I have t do now is polidh the plastic lens, Any ideas?

all the chrome rubbed off, took about 2 hours in all

just semi gloss black left now no need for spraying.

DSC06429.jpg

rebuilt using a heat gun, may run a bead f clear silicone just to be safe

DSC06430.jpg

all I have t do now is polidh the plastic lens, Any ideas?

Archived