MB6 Steering Feel

mb6vti

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vtecfreek01

hello bud, yeah my steering on my mb6 is uber light. i have 17's all round and is still very light! but due to the bigger wheels it feels more stable through the bends and on the straights at high speed...i think it all knuckles down to the way it was built, i mean its built for abit of luxury and at the end of the day its a cruiser...

it was never meant to be a crx, civic sri or a type r! :cry: but never the less i love the thing!

• 2 weeks later...

totally agreed, my MB6, Vti-s has a heavy steering feel (i dont see this as an issue) compared to my brothers ITR & ATR. Even my EG had a lighter feel.

I find this kinda strange, because i find the MB steering very heavy! which seems to be a trait of the MB. the only problem with it, is it some times goes vague depending on the condition.

Agree that tyres make a huge difference. and also wheels size. ive tried 15 16 and 17's. the 17s was too big and affected the braking, but steering felt very good. 15's felt too soft when i ran eagle f1's and 16 is in my opinion the best wheel size for the car.

Ive tried Eagle f1, Toyo T1r and Revspec 2 and hankook RS2. the RS2 is by far the best tyre i have used so far for the MB. the other ones made the steering very soft. i think this is due to the soft sidewalls. and the RS2 has a pretty stiff sidewall which probably explains why the steering feels more positive and direct.

another thing u can do to improve turn in is to install a front lower tie bar. this really does make the car more darty and positive.

Archived