MB6 Steering Feel

mb6vti

Ever since buying the MB6 I have felt that the steering feels a bit sloppy and vague. It feels light in a straight line, too light infact and weights up slightly in the bends.

Now I thought this was all in my mind seeing as I came from the ATR, maybe I am giving the MB6 a hard time. However the more I drive it I find that the steering is very light and there is no weight to it even in a straight line.

Only a few days ago I again took my mates ATR out for a short drive and fell in love with the steering feel. Even the ITR I drove had a weighty feel to the steering.

Is this a normal characteristics of the MB6. I see alot of folk who have EK's have the same issue. Now I know the MB6 is no R but do others feel the same about the steering feel in their MB6?

My MB6 has only done 57k and I have changed all the ARB links and the front & rear ARB bushes. The car is lowered on koni shocks and cobra springs and sits even all round. The control arm bushes for the shocks have also been changed and the car was laser aligned by Progrip.

Is there a way to improve this vague steering feel? And before anyone says the rack its been check and has no leaks.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your input Jalesi and Civicturbo but seriously I expected more folk to have posted there experiences - maybe we don't have that mb6's owners on this forum :roll:

It's extremely hard for me to admit a slight flaw in any Honda but I think that most Honda's (except for the R's) have a bit of a vague steering feel. I wouldn't say that the MB6 has light steering though, compared to my dads Carina E or my previous EG Civic, but the weight sometimes feels like it varies depending on the situation.

I have put KW coilovers on mine but that doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to it. The only thing that I can think of that might help a bit are coilovers with pillowball upper mounts. These are supposed to help give a more direct steering feel. Tein used to make these for the MB but they're discontinued and I don't know if any other reasonably affordable make produces them for the MB.

Another option is removing the power steering :lol:

I don't have an mb6, but could this not be an effect of the increased camber at the front? (assuming you do not have camber and castor adjustment fitted). Or a feature of tyre choice?

I agree on the tyre choice - when I bought the car it had bridgestones and the feel was better not Type R but better. I just miss the beautiful feeling I got from the steering in my ATR - me thinks its time to seriously consider getting an ITR. I always wanted one, heres my excuse to get one. :twisted:

Archived