engine very unstable below 3000 rpm

E=MC2

guys, i have problem with b18c4 and it is worse day after day

in advance sorry for bad english

this is my problem

shortly after i bought my car i've noticed that when it reach working temp. and drive for a while, start to have problem with low rpm's (till 2500rpm)

on every hard press on gass pedal, motor sound like it lose spark, or swallow to many air, or lose fuel... and start to decrease rpm's and go to complete shut down if you do not release gas.

If i reduce press on accelerator, car restore idle.

if i slowly cross this area, engine very healthy work all the way until the rpm limiter

i bought new spark plugs (ngk bkr7ne-11), and few days ago replace ignition cap with new one, and nothing, maybe even worse

now car ignite very hard, and when reach normal temp, start to do same thing, but now till 4000rpm and on half semi strong pedal press.

does anyone know what might be a problem

b.t.w. i dont have check engine light

help please, thanks

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same problem I had, but I changed the whole distributor, an ebay one 110eu delivred. My civic is a daily driver and I didn't want to hassle to change this, then this and finally still have the problem

normally you should also change rotor if you did the cap at the same time... so maybe try at least the rotor if you don't want to buy a full distributor...

p73distributorrta.gif

some guy on other forum told me that the old enigne belt can make bat reading on CPS, because of little streched belt sensor read bad data

2 bepilot - i bought rotor allso with cap, but they delivered me bad type, so i have to replace it with appropriate one

Mt brother car has the same problem and i have changed everything including the coil in the distributer and it still has the problem , the distributers and a commen problem i would say you will need a new one as my brother does for his , Rich.

Archived