engine very unstable below 3000 rpm

E=MC2

heh, thats last thing i wanted to hear :)

ok, i shall probably tommorow investigate what can be cause of this problem

if anyone has contact with this mailfunction, feel free to write, i would be gratefull :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

before buying a distributer, unplug the lambda/o2 sensor from the exhaust(plug is at back of engine above the cat ) take the car a run and see if the problem goes away ...my vti-s had this exact problem and it turned out to mbe a faulty o2 sensor(runs fine with it unplugged) but the management light will come on after a mile or so but it will go back out when you plug a new one in

before buying a distributer, unplug the lambda/o2 sensor from the exhaust(plug is at back of engine above the cat ) take the car a run and see if the problem goes away ...my vti-s had this exact problem and it turned out to mbe a faulty o2 sensor(runs fine with it unplugged) but the management light will come on after a mile or so but it will go back out when you plug a new one in

did your engine managment light not come on then due to the faulty o2 sensor ? But only once you unpluged it . At the point of the o2 sensor being unpluged did the fault stop ? But the engine managment light was on . Rich.

i've started car today normaly, drive it few km's, and problem arived again

for first started to lose gas, and then shut down completely

tried to start a car, lost battery, tow car to friends garage, unplugged o2 sensor, bypassed battery from brothers car, and tried to start the engine. but the engine couldnt start

spark plugs give fine spark, so i think that the coil is not the problem

so, to summarize.

cold engine work normaly, and when it reach working temp. start to have problems

friend mechanic think that the probolem is ecu or cps

no map, no tps, no mechanical problem, just electrical

help, i am very confused

I continue to hammer for the distributor mate - exactly same symptoms as mine!

bought mine here, I give you the link this time - no problems anymore (it took 1,5 weeks to arrive but it's the cheapest shipping on ebay)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-ACURA-IGNITION-DISTRIBUTOR-96-01-B16-DOHC-VTEC-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZSubmodelQ3aGSQ2dRQQhashZitem53e5477d6dQQitemZ360328953197QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

If you want to buy elsewhere, make sure its an OBD2 one for VTEC engine, original ref is TD-86U

p73distributorref.jpg

few people told me that the coil is problem

it is not expencive to replace it

90 euros is original coil in honda store

just to check is it coil and to replace it

Archived