interior fan heater

wezza9

Can some one help

I came out to my car after work and the fan heater will not work when i turn it on the revs drop like there is load going to the fan and it is jammed is this possiable ?

when driving in to work it did seem a bit noisy i switched it off then back on ok so thought nothing of it

is there possiable ice somewhere jamming it ?(i did think the fan is inside the car but leaves get through to the vents )

this would bad enough normally but i also had ice on the inside of my car i guess its damp floor mats but will check when i take them out in a sec .

if i am wrong can some one let me know please

ok i got the fan out found the odd leaf but a load of ice in there its wet too so cleaned all ice out and leafs put back and now it runs at one speed so think when ist jammed up it may have burn the speed controlers out so ordered the kit or ceramic ones

now a Q where could all the water be coming from ? ( do not say snow lol ) i mean how is it getting in to the fan and can i fix it its not dripped much so not alot in there this time :roll:

yea water comes in from outside and drips into the heater and onto the floor

i am not 100% clear on this, i done it once but i have forgot how to do it again

mmm there is another poss that i had . my pass floor would get soaked and the fan was full well not full but had a lot of water getting in . so take off the skuttle pannel the black plastic where the wipers are and you will see a hole where the fan sucks air from outside . now check no leafs dirt etc is blocking the water run off (if you get me ) when a put water down the window it just happen to drip right into the hole to the fan :o so i just may the wall of the hole a bit bigger and bent it a tad so no water would drip into it :D:D never had a prob again (god what have i just said :lol::lol: ) when you take the pannel off you will see what i mean 1"£££$££"!!

Archived