New Clutch?1

sheeraz552

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would you guy's recommend for my civic clutch wise ?

It's got full mongoose , decat , Janspeed manifold , Induction kit , Uprated leads and plugs.

Not going to do anything major engine wise tbh so which way do i go , would like it to feel as smooth as possible clutch wise in the past my cars have had clutches and have never used uprated clutch so i dont have a clue. Do i need an uprated one maybe not :?:

Any advice would be great . Thankyou. (links with prices would be grand too )

It's got full mongoose , decat , Janspeed manifold , Induction kit , Uprated leads and plugs.

Not going to do anything major engine wise tbh so which way do i go , would like it to feel as smooth as possible clutch wise in the past my cars have had clutches and have never used uprated clutch so i dont have a clue. Do i need an uprated one maybe not :?:

BUMP :?

just get a good uprated one, no need for paddle if your going to stay standard really but then again if you do want to up the power you are going to have to change it again so just be sure what you going to do first.

something like this should do for everyday.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F1-Racing-STAGE-1 ... 27acecb211

also depends how you drive because you will soon wear this down if you tend to launch off the light loaded up to 5-6k every time.

BUMP :?

You have pm , i have a great clutch for sale in the for sale section under turbo kit . Rich.

Hey guys,

I am looking to get a new clutch for my car....i think its the clutch that needs replacing....I just took my car out for a spin today and I shifted to second gear and i lost power for abt 3 or 4 sec, like the car was in 5th gear all of a sudden, it was juddering like it was in the wrong gear and it happened on third gear as well..these happens on low revs not on high revs...on high revs it seems ok...

I just hope its not the gear box that needs replacing. :(:(:(

I saw this clutch on ebay, has anyone used this before and is this a good one to get..any views will be helpful..:)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1224wt_939

I think i'm in the same boat.

It's either my clutch or gearbox...

Example: changing into reverse it doesn't always click into place properly so I have to do it again and I can feel it clicking it.

Also sometimes changing into gear is a little hard, clutch presses down fine but requires a bit of force to put it in gear.

I have a D series engine, jw what clutch you'd recommend me changing it to if that's the problem?

Or could it be the gearbox?

Sorry to hijack lol

Thats a good clutch mate . but you could get a stage 3 paddle clutch for the states for that money. Rich.

Could you by anychance have a link to a compatible clutch from US...there are a lot of clutches from US...I am not sure which one is compatible....almost all of them says B18...but I tot US never had the MB6 model. I dont wanna buy somthing and find out that it dosnt fit....

And this stage 3 clutch kit...what different will it make for normal driving...and may be a bit of race...:)...

Archived