2000 civic os wing mirror

mark.b

pulled up at some lights earlier today while waiting i heard something sounding like a tennis ball hitting my drivers door skin (although were i was waiting was deserted) followed a couple of seconds later by what i can only describe by a much quieter boing type noise,when i got home i went to fold my mirror in,the mirror head is now loose/wobbly and the usual notch feel it has when moving it to open position from folded has gone,whats weird was the drive home from where i heard the noise was 60-70mph roads and the mirror head did not fold in although it must have been loose,does the mirrors usually fail like this,is there a fix or have i got to get a new mirror,moneys tight as it is for everyone so any repair ideas would be great

hi john thanks for the reply i thought the spring might of popped the aluminum casing inside,but i cant get the mirror glass out of the mirror head to get access to check,as i said in my original post i have no chance of a new one at the price honda want

thanks for replyin beast, i will check the paintcode in the morning you say mb6 going off the mb id page on here i thought it was an mb8,i will get back to you later today

regards

Archived