vtec more aggressive???

beaniexx

you canot tune p9k into the parimiters of your spec cams ect intake fuel ect all they can do is tell you this they do need to know what your spec is !!!or they will be very confused as they will not be able to get norm readings on hand held meter.?beond your computer?ecu learning it has no learning ie static?retune with reprogram is from earler type p28 /p30 and so on/p72 would be good!

read the above what i have sent!attach..

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start by looking if the standard ecu is still fitted to the car , if you have anything other than a p9k ecu in the car it has been mapped , so that is good . you then need to take the lid off the ecu and see what the name is on the chip inside it will be there, there is only 4 screws holding the lid on so it easy to do . once you know all this you can call the mapper and tell him what you have and make sure he is happy to map that software .

Fine tunning is just away of the mapper saying he will look over the map on the chip and make any changes he needs to make to the map so he can get the best / power out of your mods .

Rich.

Start by looking if the standard ecu is still fitted to the car , if you have anything other than a p9k ecu in the car it has been mapped , so that is good . you then need to take the lid off the ecu and see what the name is on the chip inside it will be there, there is only 4 screws holding the lid on so it easy to do . once you know all this you can call the mapper and tell him what you have and make sure he is happy to map that software .

Fine tunning is just away of the mapper saying he will look over the map on the chip and make any changes he needs to make to the map so he can get the best / power out of your mods .

Rich.

ok cheers buddy

was gona look today but its lashing down here and dont fancy ecu getting wet.

so i have to take it apart then??

i thought i might be able to tell from outside??

kinda nervous taking it apart lol

Like i say if the ecu number is anything other than a p9k , you have a mapped ecu of some sort but you need to take the lid off to see what chip is inside the ecu , so the mapper knows what he is working with .

If it is a hondata s300 chip you have about £400 worth of ecu and chip in your car . which is good .

http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/8520/ ... 600Q85.jpg

If you look there is a screw in each corner and one in the middle and off the lid comes you cannot damage anything so do not worry , then if you look in the bottom right hand corner there is the chip with the name on it, its as simple as that .

Rich.

You can see if it's P9K from the outside too mate!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsO0MZnQgfOPvB_Kgqt2oxFI21QMFqe5_Vu2XemwtvhUkM8EiB

See the sticker, has P9K right in the middle. If yours has P9K, then it's standard, anything else, and it's been tinkered with. If it's standard, no need to look further, but if it's anything other than P9K, you'll need to take the lid off to see what chip is installed like Rich says. And you really can't c**k it up :)

• 4 months later...

HI new to this but i do know abit about hondas as i have had two integras and two honda mb6 and also built my own honda ej9 and put the b18c4 in ,i used before.

Now am buying a honda mb6 again and planning on changeing head to a dc2 one so i can put integra manifold,throttleboady,cams and injectors on and i understand mb6 doesnt have knocksensor so got for a p30 ecu but i want a aggressive vtec crossover like my integra so i will get a gsr map on ecu from htune but question is do i get vtec change over raised so its more aggressive?and what too 5800? cheers

are you going to raise compresion ratio?ie skim head?

thought about just getting another teg!!you talking £1k+ already?and you still on s9b box !that means another £400+fly ect 1.5k !! :o

but you already know this :oops:

what headers are you running? oem b18c4 or b8c6 are s**t!! my first mod in the b18c4 was to replace the superior part of the headers for an oem b16a2 ( only the 4-2 ) and just that is a great change.... believe it when i say that the headers make a great sound diference in vtec crossover... mine it's like an b16a2 ....the mod's to do it were ...vtec crossover at 5500rpm ....no iabs and weapon R headers ..... it´s loud now....

Archived