vtec more aggressive???

beaniexx

hi all as title how aggressive is your crossover???

as i hear mine change over which i must point out sounds awesome but it might be just me and comparing to my other hondas ; accord type r/civic jordan/ and integra type r. but it don't feel as powerful on the change over???

even today drove a celica vvti and that felt more positive???

im currently running ;

integra cams and retainers

uprated manifold and down pipe

skimmed and port polished b18c4 head

exedy clutch

potenza light weight flywheel

short shift

long ram induction (diy typhoon style)

now the exhaust has no cat and no centre silencer, just manifold straight through to a cherry bomb silencer.

could this be a problem??? as no back pressure????

also long ram is tucked down in inner wheel arch. will that be getting enough air as the mb6 vtis seems pretty air restricted there???

don't get me wrong car goes well and eats civic type r"s but it feels more like i-vtec then vtec??

any ideas really appreciated??

many thanks

mike

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would say your long arm as i have one and i dont think my vtec works properly with it. try a short arm and see if that makes any difference

thanks for all comments ;)

had a short ram and found that to be worse as think i was possibly getting heat soak????

maybe considering cutting hole in front bumper and see how that goes and tidy it with some cone of some sort???

as said car bloody goes but would just like to feel more vtec yo lol.

gave her some stick tonight and bloody hell my dad screamed son you just hit 72 in second????? thought he was joking then i let him drive and it really does do that.

is that normal for a oemmb6 gearbox as just seems crazy lol.

thanks once again

mike 1"£££$££"!!

Got a short arm ram on my civic ek with a hole in the front bumper for force feeding..

When i had it dyno'd i lost 8bhp when he took the fan away from the hole in the bumper!!!

like i said i have tubing going from bumper and then over and covering the air filter.. so its not just in there.. also have heat wrapped exhaust which might reduce heat soak a little???

Alot of people say (even the bloke doing the dyno, thats why he took the fan away) that it can actually loose power. but obviously mine doesnt!!

thanks for all comments ;)

had a short ram and found that to be worse as think i was possibly getting heat soak????

maybe considering cutting hole in front bumper and see how that goes and tidy it with some cone of some sort???

as said car bloody goes but would just like to feel more vtec yo lol.

gave her some stick tonight and bloody hell my dad screamed son you just hit 72 in second????? thought he was joking then i let him drive and it really does do that.

is that normal for a oemmb6 gearbox as just seems crazy lol.

thanks once again

mike 1"£££$££"!!

Yeah that sounds about right.

1st is about 40 iirc

2nd is about 70-72

3rd is about 98-100

4th i think is 120

5th never pushed it to the limiter in 5th!

All this is reading from the speedo though and not GPS!

Archived