vtec more aggressive???

beaniexx

Worth bearing in mind the B18C difference mate...

B16 engined cars, don't have the IAB opening up, and have VTEC engaging at 5600 RPM.

B18 engined cars, have IABs, VTEC engages around 4500 then the IAB's open at 5800(ish) RPM.

So the B18 is more subtle and progressive than the B16. B16 you hear the BIG BANG of power at 5600 rpm, where the B18 you get a smaller bang at 4500, then another at 5800.

But x2 on what Ryan said, get the ECu sorted to make the most of your new internals :D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you've done all that and not touched the ecu?

your air fuel mixture will be all over the place. Get the car mapped to go with the mods you have

x2 the ecu will still be mapped for the stanard cams ect 1"£££$££"!!

what size pipe you got?yours is ok for full throttle!!, mid range will be affected go for R style as a start ! ?

as above needs mapable ecu for all aplications with that potent upgrade lol!!!rev limiter removed !!at approx 8600+ red line as you have itr springs ect /you will get more mid with standard intake modded!k&n pannel drilled box ect .

http://cars.homenetcs.co.uk/honda-civic ... earbox.htm

http://www.isitaboat.co.uk/cars/honda_c ... e_r__ek9_/

??get some intresting reading in too! 8-)

well when i bought car owner said if was running hondata ecu, but i have no reciepts for this but do for every thing else, so is there a way i can tell as not sure if its oem still on there???

also i was always led to believe the oem ecu could not be remapped or am i confusing this with chipping???

i only thought they could be piggy backed???

exhaust i believe is 2.5"

thanks

well when i bought car owner said if was running hondata ecu, but i have no reciepts for this but do for every thing else, so is there a way i can tell as not sure if its oem still on there???

also i was always led to believe the oem ecu could not be remapped or am i confusing this with chipping???

thanks

have alook at ecu ?mate it will be labeled ect!!leftside kick pannel!

p9k is not mapable/piggy is ok ?you need to know whats on there!???

2.5 great if running map if its correct! 8-)

thanks

have alook at ecu ?mate it will be labeled ect!!leftside kick pannel!

p9k is not mapable/piggy is ok ?you need to know whats on there!???

2.5 great if running map if its correct! 8-)

ok will do mate..

spoke to power station yesterday and they said for £60 they can do a shoot out and fine tune it but i didnt say about the mods???

any ideas what fine tune meens???

thanks

Archived