Catalyser placement in MB6 and MB3

EmZvr

not sure on size but even if you keep the same size pipe and get rid of cat will make a good diff in fact i would prob not realy go bigger (this is one of my next mods on her ) a d16 mani 1"£££$££"!!

But my exhaust system needs changing, it has holes in it so now my car is really noisy. So I was thinking of getting something better than the stock one but there are no parts for MB3. And everything biger than 50mm (2inch) will negate the performance of the car as I heard. Or maybe I can go stock and just change the muffler with something better. I really don't know what to do with this exhaust system. :?

Your best bet is to take it to a proper shop an get them to make you one mate.

Not the cheapest option, but at least then you can tell them what diameter etc, and you'll get what you want.

Then, if there's no exhausts around for your car, you should get a chunk of your money back if you were to resell it!

I would take a guess and say, if you got stainless d series manifold and an adjustable decat. Then mb6 exhausts will bolt up fine.

The d series 4-1 or 4-2-1 are same as b series just different bolt pattern on head.

yer like all have said above i am running the cat back mongoose on my mb3 now it is the same as the mb6. but mongoose do whats called a cat replacement pipe for the mb3, it does not replace the cat its just a pipe that goes where the cat would be on an mb6 so the system goes to the down on the mani if you get what i mean :lol::lol:

Thanks a lot for the replys. I will probably get a MB6 stock exhaust system (used one) and a sports manifold 4-2-1. And I will have to decat twice :D This is the cheapest option and I think I will be satisfied 1"£££$££"!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived