MB6 Front discs and pads

funkytrickstar

as promised, a report is present and corrrect,

been on for 2months (give or take a few days) i'm happy with them good feel when needed, will be replacing the fronts when worn out with blue print bits. i'll just have to remember to paint the calipers and what not

just unhappy with the finish of the disks once worn in, the the area where the pads arn't in contact has gone rusty, i'll have to paint them at some point

Depends what you want out of your brakes.

Grooved discs wear pads out faster. Greenstuff pads are good for brake dust.

Mintex and brembo are both reasonably priced and good quality.

Iv personally got Pagid plain discs and brembo pads and they are fine.

A friend if mine has ebc turbo groove discs and yellow stuff pads on his dc2, had no problems and will stop as good if not better than my mb6 even though his brakes are 262mm.

I won't be getting Honda discs again as my last set warped pretty bad, but plenty of other members run them without a problem.

Im sure most members will agree..

Decent plain discs. EBC or Brembo.

Use a good pad. Ferrodo, Hawk, Carbonetic etc..

EBC pads are not that highly rated by me and majority of others, although they have blue-stuff pads which are new and meant to be decent.

as said you have to make your mind up what you want out of the brakes normal road, fast road or track then you buy what is required

i run mintex 1144 for the road (ds2500 just as good more expinsive ) fast road and cheap

and mintex "F" stuff for the track ( very expensive but worth every penny )

disks normal at the min but i will be getting mintex std next but grooving them at local machine shop

ebc i have heard so many mixed storys about them i would not risk it some seem to swear by them and some would swear at them

i have the large brakes so use DC2 pads

EBC discs are rated well,

just the pads are not spectacular. I had greenstuff front pads and redstuff rears on my teggy turbo and it was great but the rear pad cracked.the pad material came away from the backing ..

Archived