MC1 MGZS180 BRAKE Q

kyekye09

I know zs180 has hub pcd of 4x100 as does my mc1 my question is..... Can i use the calipers and disks off it as an upgrade to be running the same size disks as the vti Ms...??????

Hard to say really without matching them up to the car...

Carefull too, as some of the MG's had an optional bigger brake kit. i.e. the ZS could have brakes uprated to 286 mm, same as a VTi. So make sure the brakes are standard sized too!

thats what im wanting the bigger size but i was told they were 282mm front and 260mm rear... is it as easy as taking the caliper and carrier and then marry it up to mine...?????

Not 100% sure mate. Generally if you go bigger on the brakes, you need to have an extention to the hub for the caliper to sit on. Just a metal plate really that bolts to original caliper mounts, then has holes for the caliper to bolt to, if that makes sense!

TBH, by the time you buy the calipers, front and rear, and the disks / pads, you might be better doing a hub conversion to an MB6. JonnyRicer is selling one for £350 ish, have a word, he may be able to sort you out :)

That way, at least you know they will definately fit! But then you'd new wheels too!

• 3 weeks later...

if your still running 16s or above rob i have a set of 300 mm fronts for sale much cheapness ... all you need to do is find an engineering company to drill the discs to suit 4x100 as they are 5x114.3 just now (easily done btw)

if you go down the mgzs route get the front discs,calipers and hoses from a 180 and the rear discs calipers and hoses from a 180 as they are the 282/262 ones ...while your at it grab the master cylinder and servo from a 180 as its 1" as opposed to the mc1 15/16ths one and will improve pedal feeling no end

Archived